ConDB Convention DB Software
ConDB is a free open-source convention database system, originally developed for CONduit. It is fairly raw and requires familiarity with Perl, Perl Objects, MySQL, Apache and Unix.
- Computerized Registration with a SQL Database Back-End
- Central Ledger for Registration, Invoices for grouping multiple registrations.
- Customized badges printed On-The-Fly (requires ghostscript)
- Postal mailing list tracking and management (including CASS certification hooks for mass-mailing)
- Contact Management (Members, Guests, etc), including postal address, phone, email, etc
- Convention Committee job tracking
- Scheduling (Games, currently an alpha feature)
- GPL License (open-source, free to use)
- Easier pre-registration integration
- Additional Scheduling features
- Unix Operating System (Solaris 8/x86, RedHat Linux and FreeBSD have all beeen used)
- MySQL 3.23+
- Perl 5.6.0+, with DBI and MySQL DBD interfaces
- Apache (mod_perl supported but optional--for performance)
- Ghostscript (for printing badges)
- The Ability to hack perl, unix, mysql, apache...
Status varies by subsystem:
- Contact Management (members, addresses, phone numbers, registration): STABLE
- Import/Export Mailing information: extras scripts
- Registration Management (Registrations, Invoices, Receipts): STABLE
- Registration Input Queue: In re-Development (eta: May)
- Registration Printing: In re-Development (eta: May)
While the software itself is production grade, as with any open-source software, documentation is lacking. There are Installation and Usage notes.
Interested? Download information is availble in the project area at sourceforge.net.